Sunday, November 9, 2008

kidspiration and inspiration

I thought that kidspiration was a great tool to use for both students and teachers. There were so many categories that involved much of the different grade levels. I also loved that there were so many options to choose from how you want to design each page. One day, the teacher can ask each student to create a page of their favorite fruits and why different ones are healthy for them. They can all have the same subject of their favorite fruits, but it can be completely different of how each student chooses to design their page. I liked that the students could create their original page because of the many different options it offers. I thought it was also a great tool to help teachers for their lesson plans. It used a lot of colors, pictures, and fun fonts, and other things that would make learning more enjoyable for the teacher and their students.

I thought that inspiration was also a great tool, but it felt that it lacked in some of the other fun things that kidspiration had. I didn't like the pictures as much. I thought they were more general and boring than kidspiration. I didn't like the layout very much. It was harder for me to find different things that I was looking for. It took me a little longer to find different things I would have liked to use. I didn't like that it didn't have very many pictures like kidspiration had. I thought that this tool was more directed toward older students or that this program was created before kidspiration came out. It seemed that kidspiration was a more updated and easier tool to use than inspiration. It was a great tool, but I just felt that I worked better with kidspiration instead.

No comments: